Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Do you hear what I hear?

     I look forward each year to the day Christmas music starts playing on the radio and listen to it pretty much non-stop throughout the season. As much as I love it,  I do get tired of hearing the same songs over and over. This year, we have really been trying to simplify Christmas and focus more on the true meaning of the day. One of the ways I have chosen to do this, is to scale back on the Christmas music that usually plays 24/7 in our house. Instead of listening to music that talks about Santa and presents, I have only been listening to the songs that focus on the birth of Christ and what that means.
     It has really made me stop and think. This story, about the birth of Jesus? The story that I have heard at least 200 times in my life, never gets old. It is amazing, and wonderful every time I hear it. And as I have grown, I have found different parts of the story meaningful.
     Last year, my first Christmas as a Mother, this song really touched me. I know there are plenty of songs about Mary, but I had never really stopped to think about how Joseph felt. Being a new parent is such a scary thing. Imagine being a parent to Jesus.



     Over the next few days, I will be sharing some of the songs that has helped to make this Christmas more Christ focused. I hope you take the time to listen to each one and reflect on what God has done for you.

No comments: