Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

catching up

I need to play catch up. I didn't mean to take that long of a break. I really didn't mean to take a break at all, but life got in the way. So, I will offer a short synopsis of the past month and a half and promise not to be gone so long again.

Baylee and I traveled to Nashville at the end of May. I do not recommend taking a 5 1/2 hour car trip with a 11 week old by yourself. It was difficult. And long. It ended up taking us over 7 hours to get there because I had to stop twice to feed Baylee. It was all worth it when I walked into my mom and dad's house and saw this:
A welcome sign from Hannah and Luke! Evidentally it just said "Welcome Baylee" at first and then they decided to add my name. Ha! I guess I need to get used to being an afterthought.
My mom stayed with us during the month I went back to work so we were there to pick her up. It was a nice coincidence that my niece, Hannah, had her dance recital while I was in town. She is very talented and works so hard all year long, practically living at the dance studio. It was nice to see her perform and enjoy the results of all her practice.
 
Then in June I went back to work. It wasn't too hard to leave the baby knowing I was only going to be working until the end of my contract. It also helped tremendously that my mom  was here with her. I'm so grateful that my mom was willing to leave her life and her home and come stay with us for 5 weeks. Here are some highlights from June & July:
*Baylee and her Nonna, Baylee and her brother
*Baylee discovered the bumbo and all she wants to do now is sit up!
*Her first cowboy hat, first concert (in the park) and her first bite of rice cereal.
*playing in her pool
*watching the 4th of July Parade
The picture of Baylee in her swaddle makes me laugh. She looks like she is camofluaged! I grab at those ladybugs all the time in the dark thinking they are her binky.

Well that is it. June and half of July in a nutshell. The next few days I will be posting about the Week in the Life project that I participate in each year. It starts on Monday and I am so excited!

No comments: